Qualifications for Macao patent application
1. Any person holding a Macao SAR resident identity card;
2. Any legal person established in accordance with the laws of the Macao Special Administrative Region;
3. If the applicant is not a natural or legal person residing or established in the Macao Special Administrative Region, he / she shall entrust any of the following persons as his / her agent and submit a valid power of attorney:
① Legal person registered in Macao SAR; 2;
③ The official agent of industrial property which is licensed or recognized in the Macao Special Administrative Region.
Documents required for Macao patent application
1. "Application for registration of invention patent;
2. In the "summary" form, the content of the summary should not exceed 150 words or 400 words;
3. Patent specification of invention;
5. Submit the following supplementary documents as required:
① The following are the attached drawings of the specification; ② the power of attorney (notarized); ③ the priority document;
④ When the applicant requests that the State Intellectual Property Office of the people's Republic of China prepare the examination report, if the required documents (including "abstract", description, drawings of the description and claims) are not written in Chinese, the Chinese translation shall be submitted;
⑤ For power of attorney issued in a language other than the official language of the Macao Special Administrative Region, a translation of the power of attorney in any official language (Chinese or Portuguese) of the SAR shall be submitted.
Validity of Macao patent
The duration of patent for invention shall be 20 years from the date of application.