There are three types of Taiwan patents: invention patents, new patents, and new model patents. All three types of applications need substantive examination. After the application documents are complete and meet the basic requirements, they will automatically enter the substantive examination, and there is no need for the applicant to submit a request for actual examination. The term of patent for invention in Taiwan is 20 years, that of new type is 12 years, and that of new type is 10 years, all from the date of application.
Taiwan patent application requirements:
1. The specifications and application documents for Taiwan patents should be written in traditional Chinese characters;
2. At the time of application, the required documents are the request, specification, schema, affidavit, etc. the power of attorney and the certificate of national identity (legal person certificate) can be submitted within 60 days after the application date;
3. After the application is submitted, it is allowed to make corrections to the specification or schema, but the supplementary fee shall be increased;
4. If there is delay action, the delay fee shall be increased;
5. It should be noted that it is better to file an application in Taiwan before the publication, otherwise it may be revoked.
What types of patents do Taiwan have?
There are three types of patents in Taiwan: invention, new type and new type. The protection period is 20 years, 10 years and 12 years respectively.
What language is used for patent filing in Taiwan? Use traditional Chinese. Application documents should be printed in black characters in traditional Chinese on A4 paper.
What is the deadline for filing Chinese translation of patent applications in Taiwan? Applicants who submit applications in other languages shall submit the Chinese translation of the application submitted by the Taiwan Patent Office within three months from the date of filing. An extension of three months is available upon request.